Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I make ';prop'; pies for a pie fight in a kid's play? I don't want to use whipped cream as it is messy.

Would cotton balls, confetti or something like that work? It involves 5 characters and has to ';look'; messy. Help! The kids are performing in a week and we need to practice!How do I make ';prop'; pies for a pie fight in a kid's play? I don't want to use whipped cream as it is messy.
you could hot glue cotton balls and make it look like it is a topping, but leave gaps in the cotton balls, and put confetti in the gaps, it would spray out and look messy, but could be cleaned up easily with a broom. I would try to use a light amount of hot glue(low temp. would be best) to stick the balls together.How do I make ';prop'; pies for a pie fight in a kid's play? I don't want to use whipped cream as it is messy.
I was thinking shaving cream too but that seems just as messy as whipped cream.





The cotton balls would work but I don't know if they will have a dramatic effect. How about using those candy orange slices? They would give the effect of apple pie chunks.





You could also use those pompom balls you buy in bags at the craft store. They come in two or three different sizes and would be a little heavier than the cotton balls.





I suppose you could try some squishy foam balls. They can be ';sliced' to and would resemble apples.





I also thought of styrofoam, but I don't know how styrofoam would be... my first thought would be that it may get too close to the eyes.





Hope this helps you some. Good luck. :)
Use shaving cream. Easy and helpful in cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment