Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can I make red vienna cream or icing for decorating a cake? All I get are variations of pink.?

I did this once for a cake, when following the recipe for a red velvet cake. The recipe called for ALOT of red dye....like 1/2 a cup or something. I was very inpressed with the color. I'd never seen a red velvet cake that was actually red.





However, when I tasted it......you could taste the dye!!!!





So be cautious.





Hope someone else knows of another way...so you won't lose the flavor...How can I make red vienna cream or icing for decorating a cake? All I get are variations of pink.?
You would need red coloring paste and quite a bit of it. It would take too much liquid color to make it red and in turn would break down the icing. You can get it from a cake supply shop or possibly Michaels or some other craft store that sells cake decorating supplies.How can I make red vienna cream or icing for decorating a cake? All I get are variations of pink.?
make sure you buy a ';no taste'; red dye, try wilton brand


also check out the wilton discussion forum site as it has answers there for that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment