Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best tattoo numbing cream?

My tattoo told me to buy estrace cream, does any1 know if this is any good, or does any1 know of any other creams that work?What is the best tattoo numbing cream?
Get a rx for lidocaine. You can get it in a cream or patch. The pharmacist I work with told me to apply a lidocaine patch for a few hours before getting a tattoo and you should barely feel anything. They are non narcotic, so no worries. :)





But in all honesty, they're not that bad. The pain is tolerable. I have three and am planning my fourth.What is the best tattoo numbing cream?
u people have obviousely never have gotten a tattoo on ur sides it hurts like hell my whole back is covered and it is nothing like my sides Report Abuse

Getting a tattoo doesn't hurt that much. Why risk using something that might infect your tattoo and skin? It's no worse than a slight sunburn after.....just use ice till the heat goes away.
i was told not to use anything, but i was advised to take strong pain killers before hand...





but it's not that bad really ( i have 3 tat's)
Emla cream is a presciption that works really well, they give it to children that are afraid to get shots. If you're going to get a tattoo - MAN UP!!! Grow some balls and a spine and get it done. The pain is part of the process and if you can't handle it, you don't deserve the ink.
I am told that these numbing creams are a waste of money as they can only numb the skin on the surface. Because a tattoo needle goes through the skin and into the layers below the surface it won't make any noticeable difference to the pain.





Trust me, the pain ain't that bad - I don't consider myself good with pain, but I'm having my third project done at the end of next month and it'll take about 3 sittings and a total of about 7 hours. It's bearable - honest!!
buy pile cream from chemist and it really workks as i do tattoes myself thx
Forget about that....by the time the skin is cleaned and the stencil is applied, and they get started, the anesthetic is worn off.





The only anesthetics for tattooing that are any good are those that are used after the skin is broken and you are almost done - it let's the artist get finished up and you over the hump when it starts to get bad.





My favorite is Blue Gel - it doesn't keep ink from taking as some will say. All the artist needs to do is wipe it on over the tattoo, wait 30 seconds and then wipe it off again.





It makes a huge difference!
floppy what a jerk


try preparation h it reduces swelling and seals it against infections worked for me


i see what your after now i don't know of anything that you can use.the only advice i can give you is to relax ,close your eyes ,and don't watch the tattoo being done . hope this helps you good luck


thanks for the thumbs down floopy jerk
I've always heard you're supposed to use Preparation H.
Don't bother. I'm told it makes the skin a bit harder to tattoo. There's really no need to use anaesthetic - it's not like having surgery, y'know? It gets a bit sore after you've been worked on for a while but as you're contemplating numbing, I'm guessing it's your first tattoo, and don't know what to expect. Yes, it hurts. No, it's not unbearable. You'll be just fine without numbing it.
I can't understand why you are hurting ? normally a lack of brain means no pain.

1 comment:

  1. First off never uses Preparation H,that's oldschool and made for you ass.Wondering about pain,it really depends on the area and a good ink job is deep.Top right left arms you can handle the pain.Wrist,Neck,Elbow,Chest,i have over of 30 hours of ink on me & their are parts of the body that hurts so much your nerve will pulse so it takes longer to ink.But like dude above said,if you can't take the pain,it's not for you.my longest session was 8 hours & after care was a bitch.

    ReplyDelete