Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Should I stop using progestorne cream halfway through my cycle?

I have been ttc for 8 months now and the doctors recently diagnosed me with PCOS. I have been on metformin for the past couple months and just this month started on Prolief, a daily balancing cream which has progestorene as an ingredient. However, I have been reading today that progestorene based creams should only be used after ovulation. I am on day 15 in my cycle and have recently been ovulating on day 21. Thus, I am wondering if I should immidately stop using the progestorene cream or if I should keep using it throughout my cycle. I am very concerned that using it is going to cause me not to ovulate. Any advice on what I should do? Thank You for your help!Should I stop using progestorne cream halfway through my cycle?
You should use progesterone cream during the second half of your cycle, AFTER you ovulate. It probably doesn't have enough progesterone in it to keep you from ovulating, but it really is just a waste to use it before you ovulate. The progesterone cream that I used in the past was fairly expensive, so I didn't want to use it when it wouldn't help anything.Should I stop using progestorne cream halfway through my cycle?
Is the progesterone the MAIN ingredient? If it is, then you should onky use it after you O until your expected period. If you get your AF, then stop, if you don't then continue for the first Trimaster. If the main purpose is not the progesterone than listen to your doctor because we always have some amount of progesterone in our body...just a lot more right after O.





Good Luck


((((((((BabyDust)))))))))
  • sensitive skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment