Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's the best scar cream for a back surgery scar?

I just had spinal fusion two weeks ago for scoliosis. What cream is best for the large scar on my back? I want it to fade quickly. Also when is it safe to start applying the cream since my surgery was recently.What's the best scar cream for a back surgery scar?
As soon as I could (after surgery at my elbow) I started rubbing vitamin E oil %26amp; aloe vera on it. The doctor asked me what I had been putting on the elbow because it was the nicest scar he had seen %26amp; they did those surgeries daily. He said that massaging it also helped with the scar tissue.





This was over 20 years ago so there may be better things now but I would still use aloe %26amp; E. Even better if you have an aloe vera plant %26amp; just break off a piece %26amp; rub it on your skin. Little cuts disappear quickly. If you don't have the plant you can buy the gel in a bottle in a lot of stores.What's the best scar cream for a back surgery scar?
Straight up cocoa butter. The commercial creams contain cocoa butter but they cost much more so just go to the pharmacy counter and ask for cocoa butter.
scar zone


you can find it at Walgreen or C V S
maderma works really well on little scars, dont know about that one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment