Friday, December 18, 2009

How can i create a cream, red and black colour scheme in my living room?

I have a cream carpet and cream sofa but thinking i can bring the other clours in through curtains, rugs, lamps and cushions. Just wasnt sure what do have in what colour so that it looks good. Any interior designers out there?!! Or links to pics of examples would be good. TaHow can i create a cream, red and black colour scheme in my living room?
im no designer but i think you should just have the red and black as accents, use them in small pieces around the room. that way you could get the color without the room looking dark.How can i create a cream, red and black colour scheme in my living room?
Go to this site and ';paint'; your room:


Put cream to search for a color and apply it to the sofa.


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/


Take colors out of prints on the walls and do your accents in colors.
i don't think black, red and cream match very well i'm afraid


i think cream and red would be nice but forget the black


ie get a red rug and red cushions and maybe a red throw


look at catalogues for ideas
When i took interior design classes they said there should be a red accent in EVERY room of the house, which makes me very happy because red is my favorite color. I agree, that you should just use red as an accent, as well as black. My bedroom is tannish/pinkish walls (only a little pink in the sunlight) So my bedspread is white, with gray pillows and my furniture is black wood. I have a lamp on the nightstand with a red lampshade, and a standing lap on the other side of the bed with a red lampshade. Where my TV is i felt like it was too black so I added red marbles around it and a red silk flower popping out from underneath, and on my dresser I have red roses, so i have a mostly black white and red theme without having to paint the walls that color, but just toss in a pillow, flowers whatever you would like, just keep those colors as accents. In all my rooms though I have something red, like a red vase or red flowers, red blanket, or a red box. If you have an Ikea near you that is the place to shop! Sorry...i kinda blabbered!
It's not 1982 anymore.
paint all your furniture black (tables, chairs, tv stand, etc.), then use red curtains and lamps to make the room more vibrant!
Do a cream color on the top part of the wall with red on the bottom and put a black stripe dividing them. Then get a red rug/carpet and some cream colored leather funiture with black painted end tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment