Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My friend just drank expired cream, will it make her sick?

My friend just drank some of my cream in my fridge that expired about 17 days ago. Is this going to harm her? I'm nervous to tell her that it was expired because then she may convince herself shes sick, and then get sick. (It is the kind of thick cream you put in coffee).





I would say she drank about 1.5-2 cups. Should I tell her? Will it make her ill/harm her?





Thanks!My friend just drank expired cream, will it make her sick?
If it had been bad, it would have had a pungent, sour odor and when she drank it, it would have burned her throat going down. (She would not have taken more than a sip before realizing her mistake.) It does not sound like it was bad or she would have known it. I keep my refrigerator very cold and my milk stays good over 2 weeks beyond the expiration date. You really don't have anything to worry about.My friend just drank expired cream, will it make her sick?
Well, first of all, tell your friend she probably shouldn't be drinking 1.5-2 cups of cream anyway--expired or not. That much cream is very difficult for the stomache to digest and can cause stomach problems on its own. If the cream was kept in the fridge and wasn't lumpy or tasted sour, I dont think that there is too much to be concerned about, but I would tell your friend anyway. With expired dairy products, there is always a chance for it to really make her sick!
It can give her Food Poisoning, but that might be the extent of harm, Tell her to be careful, and if she feels funny, to go into the Bathroom, it might take 15 Minutes - A Few hours for it to hit.





And yes, I would tell her, If she does convince her self she will get sick, and then throw up, it would probably be the best, get rid of it before it has a chance to sit.
She should be fine. I've found that stuff kept in the fridge stays good after a few weeks of being expired. She ';might'; get a stomach ache. If she does vomit then it will suck for her, but she'll be fine.
Nah. It may just make her go to the loo more often for a few hours with a 'loose' stomach, (you know what I mean) but not drastically.





You only *really* have to watch out for meats.
did it smell bad? . . . if not, she should be ok ~ the more the fat the longer it will last past the ';due date'; . . .
Just wait and see if she does get sick. Keep a close eye on her then if she does get sick pretend you just found out that cream was expired

No comments:

Post a Comment