Friday, December 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Topping for Ice Cream?

We have a locally owned ice cream place nearby and they serve the yummiest peanut butter topping. I've asked them if they sell it for us to buy in jars, and I was told that they do sometimes, but it's just heated up peanut butter. I didn't think peanut butter heated up and became pourable, so does anyone have any idea of what I can do to make it myself? Thanks.Peanut Butter Topping for Ice Cream?
Easy Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping





1 cup brown sugar


1/2 cup light corn syrup


3 tablespoons butter or margarine


1 pinch salt


1 cup creamy peanut butter


1/2 cup evaporated milk


vanilla ice cream


chopped peanuts (optional)





1. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and pinch of salt in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish.


2. Cover an microwave on high for 4 minutes, or until mixture boils, stirring twice.


3. Add in peanut butter; stir until smooth.


4. Stir in evaporated milk.


5. Serve warm over ice cream.


6. Top with chopped peanuts if desired.


7. Cover and store in refrigerator.


8. To reheat: microwave on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.Peanut Butter Topping for Ice Cream?
just melt it for a few seconds in the microwave.
Sometimes if you overheat peanut butter it can be really bitter, so we used to mix it with an equal amount of the marshmellow creme that you buy in the jar and then heat it....Good luck!
I have a recipe were I mix PB and white corn syrup and then add Special K. I cook the peanut butter and syrup of low heat in a sauce pan until hard ball stage. I would think that you could just heat the PB the same way, but I would only heat for about 10 minutes. Also I noticed at Wal-mart Reeces has a peanut butter ice cream topping. Maybe you could try that.
you didn't think it melted and ran??? try putting it directly on a piece of toast right out of the toaster---it melts...softens right up and even RUNS.... you can put your peanut butter in the MICROWAVE for only a few seconds.. (experiment with the amount of time) in a GLASS or CUP that is microwave safe--don't use plastic containers or baggies.. (ooooh messy).......then pour it directly on your ice cream and top it with a nice glob of WHIPPED CREAM.
ewwwwww sounds gross do me a favor and go to hooters
  • sensitive skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment