Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I safely freeze a cream gorgonzola white wine pasta sauce?

I made it fresh today, but made too much for one meal. It was lovely so I'd hate to throw it away, but I don't know if I can safely freeze it, or if not, how long can I keep it in the fridge and eat later?Can I safely freeze a cream gorgonzola white wine pasta sauce?
No, the sauce will be grainy, and watery when thawed. You can place it in a jar with instructions and give it to a neighbor, what a lovely gift.Can I safely freeze a cream gorgonzola white wine pasta sauce?
No, frozen or refrigerated, the sauce will ';break.'; In other words, separate out into its ingredient parts. It will not affect the taste, just its looks. Alfredo sauce really needs to be served hot and fresh.


I refrig it all the time, 'cause it is just me, and I don't care what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment