Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I use an ice cream truck as a mobile kitchen?

I want to start a mobile kitchen business. I don't have enough money for a mobile kitchen. So I thought why not use an ice cream truck I would make sandwhiches,salads, serve pastries, cold drinks,breakfast and lunch.Can I use an ice cream truck as a mobile kitchen?
as long as you can get it up to code you can use itCan I use an ice cream truck as a mobile kitchen?
First find out what your state requires. They ';may'; say that you can use an ice cream type truck for selling, but that you need some base (a place that is licensed and is checked for cleanliness just like restaurants are) to fix the food.





You could though buy your product from a grocery store (have them make up your sandwiches, salads, etc.) first thing in the morning and then you just deliver those items. That way you won't need a base.





The reason you don't have enough money is because you haven't prepared your five year plan and submitted that to a bank or loan company to ask for a loan.
I think you should ask your local health department. I do believe there is more to a mobile kitchen business than a van with a freezer in it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment